Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dikhayi diye yun..




First time writing about a urdu ghazal on my Blog..have always loved Urdu and Sufi poetry. This ghazal is by famous urdu poet Mir Taqi Mir ..written i think 250 yrs back..He wrote beautiful poetry in Urdu and Persian.
This gazal was in movie ,Bazaar..all great actors in the movie.
This is a pretty sad setting in the Movie in this song - the two Men sipping drinks are buying a young girl,
while the innocent lovers are lost in their feelings. Movie ends even more sadly.
The poetry is deep..jus have tried to write in short about the meaning of words..

Dikhayi Diye Yun Ke Bekhud Kiya
Hamein Aap Se Bhi Juda Kar Chale..

......I caught a glimpse of him/her and lost control of my senses..
and u separated me from myself and got so much into u that forgot myself but its all that matters in love,not me, just love.

Jabheen sajda karte hi karte gayi
Haq-e-bandagi ham adaa kar chale

..I bowed and kept bowing so much and did my duty of being faithful and truthful.and have right to love the person and bow in front of him/her.
 
Parasthish kiya tak ke aye boot tujhe 
Nazar mein sabhon ki khuda kar chale

.. I worshiped you and made u god in front of everyone..(as the person sacrificed his love and who sacrifices his love is worshiped and considered great by all in world) ..boot=idol/beloved.

Bahut Arzoo Thi Gali Ki Teri
   So Yaas-e-Lahoo Mein Naha Kar Chale

..Longed for your companionship and to live with u, but was utterly disappointed/dejected.
Yaas mean dejection/disappointment. Yaas-e-lahoo is the intensity of dejection/disappointment.
I yearned and desired so much for you and to be near u (lane)that I bathed in my blood in despair.

"Haq-e-bandagi=devotionaly Truthful"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts